Looking for some fun date ideas for Valentine’s Day (or any other date night in Tampa)? Our St. Pete catamaran is sharing our favorite date ideas of things to do, from one end of the bay to the other. Check it out….
- Visit a Museum. Calling all museum geeks! From art to science, Tampa Bay is home to several amazing museums. Near the JP Cat is the Museum of Fine Arts or you can visit St. Pete’s Dali Museum and the Chihuly Collection at the Morean Art Center. In Tampa, you’ll find the Tampa Museum of Art and MOSI Science Museum.
- Take a Day Sightseeing Cruise on the JP Cat. Bask in the sun while cruising in style on a two-hour sightseeing cruise where you’ll see plenty of dolphins and the beautiful St. Petersburg, FL skyline. You’ll love it. But don’t take our word for it, take it from Jeremy:
“Great boat, great staff, and great views. Definitely will be back.” – Jeremy J.
- Tour a local brewery. Day drinking is perfectly acceptable for Valentine’s Day, so why not visit some of Tampa Bay’s best breweries? Check out the list of breweries across the bay here.
- Eat, drink, and play at Armature Works. Nestled along the Hillsborough River, Armature Works is a fully restored mixed-use building that offers innovative eateries, bars, and plenty of outside seating so you can enjoy Tampa at its finest.
- Hit up Sparkman Wharf. Situated along Garrison Channel in downtown Tampa, Sparkman Wharf is the newest waterfront hot spot which celebrates the best of Tampa – amazing weather, waterfront views, music, craft beer, and exceptional dining. It makes for a wonderful Tampa Bay date night!
- Do a boozy brunch. There’s no better way to start your Valentine’s day weekend celebration than with some mid-morning booze and yummy eats! Check out the top 10 brunch spots in Tampa Bay.
- Picnic at the beach. Head to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world! You’ve got plenty to choose from – St. Pete Beach, Clearwater Beach, Honeymoon Island. Bring a blanket, food, a frisbee and you’re set for a day of fun in the sun with your date.
- Go canoeing, paddle boarding, or kayaking around the bay. A great Tampa date idea is to rent from Sweetwater Kayaks and find paddling trails near Fort Desoto Park and Weedon Island Preserve.
- Sign up for a painting class. At places like Painting with a Twist, a popular local franchise, you can BYOB and paint your heart away. Laugh and enjoy your artwork and spend quality time getting to know your date.
- Get a couple’s massage. Okay, we know it’s predictable, BUT it’s also popular for a reason! And although we’re biased to how relaxing our sunning nets are, here’s list of Tampa Bay’s best day spas where you and your Valentine can enjoy some R & R.
- PedalPub through the St. Pete beer scene. Grab your friends and make it a group thing with the St. Pete PedalPub! You and your friends will power a Dutch-made bike while pedaling, singing, drinking, while enjoying a two-hour tour of the city.
- Take a cooking class. Challenge your culinary skills with one of these fun cooking classes!
- Volunteer at a local charity, event, or donation drive. What can we say? Showing your commitment to a cause is pretty sexy, so go do some good! There are lots of local charities that always need a helping hand.
- Take a dance class. Learn salsa, ballroom, swing, or hip-hop!
- Blast each other at Laser Tag. Here’s one for the competitive types. It’s all in good fun, right? There are several local places to try out like Q-Zar or Xtreme Adventures.
- Eat, drink, and shop at Locale. Calling all foodies! You must try Locale – an upscale market featuring fresh local produce, rare specialty finds, and other world-class offerings. Its upstairs restaurant – Farmtable Cucina – is just as wonderful.
- Shop til you drop. Between Tampa and St. Pete, there’s a ton great shopping. Hit up International Shopping Plaza in Tampa or stroll through some of the really cool boutiques along Central Ave in St. Pete.
- Take a carriage ride through downtown St. Pete. What’s more romantic than a horse-drawn carriage ride?! Book yours today with Petersburg Carriages.
- Have drinks at The Vinoy. Visiting The Vinoy is a must-do while you’re in St. Pete! Located in vibrant downtown St. Pete, this historic award-winning hotel is the perfect spot for a pre-dinner drink.
- Take the JP Cat for a Champagne Sunset Cruise. Want a unique date idea in Tampa? Skip dinner and a movie and watch the beautiful sunset highlighted by the amazing St. Pete skyline on our catamaran. Snuggle with your sweetie and enjoy some bubbly too it will be an experience you won’t soon forget!
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, but there’s room on the JP Cat for our St. Pete sightseeing Day Tour or Champagne Sunset Cruise! For more information on our boat tour, please call (727) 310-7883. Or click here book your next Tampa Bay date!